Subject: RE: [Leica] BD and the M7
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:45:08 -0500

Gene,

Mechanical parts are far far easier and cheaper to reproduce than electrical
parts.  There will always be machine shops.

Also, tubes ARE available, readily available.  Not ALL tubes are available,
but if you want to design something with tubes, they are available.  There
is also the ability to substitute tubes.  I know this does not work for all
instances, but for most it should.

Regards,

Austin

Replies: Reply from "A. Lal" <alal@duke.poly.edu> (Re: [Leica] BD and the M7)