Subject: OT- Mini Cooper RE: [Leica] Leica does it again
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 20:16:51 -0500

Nick,

> > > the new Mini is
> > > an abomination.
> >
> > Nick,
> >
> > WHAT?  Why do you say that?
> >
> > Austin
> >

> Why? Because it's my opinion, that's why.;)
> They've taken the cute lines of the original and
> wrecked it.

Ah, yes...that IS an opinion.  I think it's an awesome looking car.

> ...and has lost the very Britishness of
> the original.

Yes, that's probably a good thing ;-)

> It's managed the near-impossible task of
> being both bland AND ugly.

Hum.  As I said, we obviously have differing opinions on style.

> For a car that was both an
> icon and a real engineering milestone to be reduced to
> this is particularly sad.

What is wrong with it engineering wise?

Austin

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: OT- Mini Cooper RE: [Leica] Leica does it again)