Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica MP -- Yes, it's true!
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 22:49:37 -0700

Please do not mess with MY viewfinder!! It is bright, clear with
virtually no distortion and I love it. It is my window on the world. I
do not want any feature laden squinty improvements. If you have ever
had the an M camera apart you would realize there is there is not much
room under the hood. Finder, shutter and a place to put film is about
it. A great finder requires large pieces of glass and that is what
Leica uses. It is easily the most expensive part of the camera and it
is a work of art.

If you want a zoom finder with zoom lenses and zoom electronics then
buy a Contax G2!! They have great lenses too. Just leave MY Leica
finder alone. Why people want to turn every camera into clones of a 1V
or F5 is beyond me.

John Collier