Subject: [Leica] These kids today! (was Re: silly errors)
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:12:52 -0500

I was having lunch with a model last week and happened to snap a photo of
her across the table with my m6. after which she said "ooh! Let me see it!"
(meaning the photo). And I realized not only had she grown up in an all-AF
world, but an all digital world. In all of her twenty or so years she'd
never been photographed by anyone using film before. But that was not the
end of my creeping-methusila: when I handed her the camera she asked about
the function of both the winder lever and the rewind knob. And I realized
that the pro-nikon's haven't had either since the F4, and that was ... Ye
gods, a long time ago. She gave the leica a curious going over, pronounced
it "cute but strange" and we continued with lunch.

Remember when I used to be the youngster in this group? I'm falling apart
anymore.

Kc

Frank f. had sed: