Subject: Re: [Leica] Digicam for a Leica photographer
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:43:19 -0500

At 12:50 PM 2/24/2003 -0800, you wrote:

>I have some experience with the Nikon Coolpix 990, which we have at my
>workplace.  I really like its macro capability.  The rotatable LCD is
>great. But for spontaneous, Leica-type photography, it's incredibly
>awkward.
>
>--Peter Klein
>Seattle, WA

Peter -

Your criteria for least shutter lag and largest LCD narrow the field to the
Digilux.  The Digilux's greatest failing, to me, is the noise in the higher
speeds.  There are several programs that can fix that.  The new PhotoKit
from PixelGenius does a better and much easier job than Neat Image.

I have the Nikon 990, too, and still use it for macro and on a copy
stand.  The LCD is just too small after using the Digilux.

I wouldn't buy anything until after the PMA show.  You never know what
might be right around the corner.  See if you can rent or borrow a Digilux
for a week and try it out while you wait.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

photos available from: