Subject: Re: OT- Mini Cooper RE: [Leica] Leica does it again
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:11:01 -0700

Things have changed a good deal in forty years. I have rebuilt many
Lucas (and many other) products with little or no trouble. Occasionally
an armature, field coil or rotor will have an internal short which does
not make it economical to repair but that usually is only a problem
when ham fisted mechanics use air impacts to disassemble alternators. I
have also repaired armatures, rotors and fields on equipment that was
irreplaceable.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: OT- Mini Cooper RE: [Leica] Leica does it again)