Subject: [Leica] OT or OnT: Photo Book of the Month Club
From: enitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 19:52:52 -0500

Here's an idea for another group project - I am preparing a page on
my web site for me to briefly review a book or two that I've recently
enjoyed.

http://www.ernienitka.com/books.html

The thought came to me that there might be a subgroup of folks on
this list who might like to buy and review/comment/argue about a
photo book - once a month, once every two months.  The idea would be
that a group of reasonable people would take turns selecting a book
that everyone in the group/subgroup would obtain, read/view and come
back to the group to start a discussion.  God knows I buy well in
excess of a photobook a month - to me it would not be a hardship to
buy 6 to 12 new books a year - my wife would love it if I kept it to
ONLY that :)

I would envision this as not being Leica only photography - I don't
know if this would make this type of thing verbotten or undesirable.
The apparent ease at starting a Yahoo group might lend itself to
starting an off shoot over there.  I thought of this for this group
because of the high standards of quality of expression found in this
group.

comments?  off list is okay but on list for awhile with Brian's forbearance.

ernie nitka