Subject: Re: [Leica] New Films at PMA --I am SHOCKED!!!
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 20:51:47 -0500

The films you are talking about were announced at Photokina and became
available in January or so.  There was a post about the new Fuji films
several days ago.  I suspect that the Kodak offerings will be blown into the
weeds.  An order of magnitude finer grain, and a fourth dye layer to balance
color better, especially in mixed lighting.  Unless Fuji seriously blows the
white balance or their film requires special processing as the Lumiere films
did they will once again own the field for slide film in E-6 chemistry.

It took Kodak almost ten years to effectively respond to Fuji's Velvia.  I
have religiously tried all the Kodak films as they came out.  Up until now
they were all inferior in some way.  The new G films are a stop faster and
have a better white balance.  Six months after their announcement Fuji
brings out their films.  I suspect the major retailers will have them by the
end of March.  Isn't competition a good thing?

Gee, ask me how I really feel.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com
Disclosure:  Kodak has sent me samples of their films on several occasions.
Fuji never has.