Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens help
From: Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:51:09 -0600

 I have one of the the last production runs of the TE. Was made after
the manufacturing of the lens was moved from Canada to Germany. Has a
high serial number for that run of lens. I bought it from the original
owner He found it several years after they quit making it on a dealers
shelf in Spain. Was and is now, like new. I purchased a 12575 lens hood
for it. They changed the type of glue at that time. This eliminated the
problem of etching on the rear elements. I really like the lens I have
not noted any flare problems. Maybe I am missing it. How can you tell
flare? What should I look for?