Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens help
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:17:45 -0600

Rolfe

Thanks, that gives me some good info to go with.  I will let you know the
results after I get a filter and run a roll through.

Gene

                      Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
                      Sent by:                            To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        cc:
                      -alto.ca.us                         Subject:  Re: [Leica] Lens help

                      02/27/2003 02:16 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

grduprey@rockwellcollins.com wrote:
> Rolfe
>
> Yes I agree.  I am wondering if the use of one of the newer multicoated
> design UV filters would also help.  I was at the local camera shop today
at
> noon and got a brochure of Hoya's offerings.  I will also check some of
the
> other filter offerings to see what they have which may help.
>
> I am going to keep the lens for now and just be careful of the content of
> the scene, as outside the flare problem I like the lens.  It is nothing I
> can't work around.
>
> Gene

Gene,

FWIW, I am using a modern UV filter on my TE.

Here is a portrait I made with mine at maximum aperture on, I think,
Fuji Reala. There is no Photoshop work other than levels and curves and
no unsharp masking applied. I think it hangs together pretty well.
Admittedly, this was not a worst case situation for flare, but I was
shooting into a big white overcast sky, which can sometimes cause problems.

http://berkshire.ldp.com/~rolfe/joshandrebecca0002.jpg

Rolfe

- --
Rolfe Tessem