Subject: [Leica] Vet photography
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 09:14:35 -0500

Hi Kit-
    But I'm vet a researcher (lab work mostly - trying to 'further the
future of treatment for both animals and humankind alike' :-) But -- the
guys in the trenches - they have the hard part, and sacrifice a lot of money
to do so. The avg. vet here in MA pulls in about 60 grand/yr., while the
cost of schooling is higher then some medical schools. Theirs is a very
tough road. I loved two types the most - Wildlife Vets (who really make next
to nothing!) and farm practitioners (ditto), who live a James Herriot like
lifestyle. VERY interesting. I've helped perform some very complex surgeries
right on the stray floor of a stall - it's remarkable. THOSE may be the
groups to follow.
    BTW - BD had a great idea about vet photography; this may be up his
alley.
    Ed