Subject: RE: [Leica] Is a Good Used M6TTL Worth More Than...?
From: "Buzz Hausner" <buzz.hausner@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 11:14:14 -0500

Upon reflection, Austin, I realize you ask a valid question here.
However, the point isn't what you "should" pay your surgeon or mechanic.
The surgeon is going to get paid whatever the insurance company is going
to pay and your mechanic will get whatever he or she can extort from you
in an unregulated market.  However, we are presented with two fixed
prices, that of a Leica (to the photographer) and that of heart surgery
(in as much as the heart surgeon will be paid).  The matter isn't "What
is your life worth?"  The matter is, is your Leica worth more than what
your surgeon received for your treatment.

Let's frame this in a non-life saving manner.  How many Leicas is a year
at an American university "worth?"  How many Leicas is your pet dog
worth?  Understanding that it is all a matter of "willingness to pay."

	Buzz