Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Guilt?
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 08:17:10 -0700

On 3/3/03 Craig Zeni  wrote:

>I barely recall going on to the SS United States in the mid 1960s
>when my cousin was going on her honeymoon.  But I do remember the
>excitement and hustle bustle.

I vividly remember taking the SS UNITED STATES to and from Europe in 1957 with
my parents. It was a huge trip for me. We took a train from Ohio to New York,
spent a day there, then the departure with the streams of red white and blue
ticker-tape....passing the Statue of Liberty...watching the continent sink to
the stern. The only disappointment: I had read a book where the kids got to see
the engine room and I wanted to see that but passengers couldn't see that.
Probabbly because it was a hopping-big 1200 lb steam plant. (is that why I was a
neutron-pusher in the Navy? never thought of that). It was a fabulous trip both
ways, the North Atlantic was in good form and even my mom didn't get sea-sick.

We have stereo-realist photos from the trip, all 'chromes, that are fun to
revisit.

Adam