Subject: Re: [Leica] Erwin Put's Essay on the MP
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 10:38:36 -0500

on 3/3/03 9:52 AM, Dennis Painter at dennis@hale-pohaku.com wrote:

> To me the posting of a copyrighted, private email was a question of ethics,
> not whether someone was "bad".
>
> "Fascinating" seeing your posts on this as compared to your posts when you
> see another ethical question that you call "conflict of interest". It would
> seem our ethical beliefs differ but that is understandable.
>
> As to Erwin Puts' writing as it is now posted on his website his assessment
> can be discussed if you chose.
>
> Dennis

I make a large portion my income from the licensing copyrighted photography
through photo stock agencies. The internet seems to have different moral,
ethical or legal standards with regard to copyrighted material be it photos,
printed material or software.  I am always reluctant to post photo here or
other places on the net because of the disregard for this basic legal
protection.
Mr. Puts can say anything he wishes concerning this NEW M camera; but the
unauthorized use of his material is flat out wrong.

Go out and buy a MP and lock it in some safe place to worship it or go out
and use your now outmoded M3-7 and make pictures but please do not steal
someone else's work and post it.

Rant of the week...just returned from Florida to Boston's teen temperatures
and am not real happy.

Happy snaps,
Steven Alexander