Subject: Re: [Leica] Allover quality of a lens: corners vs. center
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 23:31:54 -0800

Jerry Lehrer wrote:

> John
>
> I thought that it was agreed that Putz was a paid agent of
> Leica and would lay down for anything that Leica offered.
>
> His adulative maunderings are an example.  Why is he a judge?
> He is not even acceptable as a witness, since he is paid for his
> testimony.
>
> OK Marc, now tell me that expert testimony is always paid for
> in a court of law. On both sides, I must add.
>
> Jerry

In defense of Erwin he's often said things like some of the Cosina or
Konica lens were as good or better then Leica lenses. Which I'm sure he
says just to piss me off personally. :)
Not a paid Leica operative.
No ones opinion is unbiased. As far as I go Erwin is an honest man. And
an incredible source for Leica and photographic information which we
should respect and take advances of.  Not that we have to believe every
darn thing he says. Does the Nikon or Canon List or users have an
"Erwin." I bet not. The Rollei list has Richard Knoppow who has
forgotten more about photography than I'll ever know.

Henning is an expert on wide angle lenses as well as other things. We
ahve other experts.

I used to say as a fashion photographer surround yourself with a team of
people with more taste and experience than you have.
Then listen to them MOST of the time.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com