Subject: RE: [Leica] Interesting in relation to photo ops in Malls etc.
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 16:48:06 -0500

I was on my way home from a shoot, probably 1989, and I decided to stop at
Jordan Marsh (now Macys).  I didn't want to leave my Hasselblad in my car,
so I brought it in with me.  I noticed one, then two...then three security
guards following us around.  When I was riding the escalator, I lifted the
camera up to my face to look through the viewfinder at the mirrored wall
across the way...which looked kind of cool...and these guys went nutty!
They ran up to me, leaping over people and pushing them out of the
way...grabbed me and tried to take the camera away from me, which they were
unsuccessful at doing.  Note, there was no film in the camera, nor had I
even pushed the shutter release (nor could I, the darkslide was in place),
and there was certainly nothing posted that said "no cameras".

Eventually, I picked up what it was I stopped by to pick up (a believe it
was a suit that I already paid for some time ago, and it was now back from
being tailored) and left the store...

The really stoopid part of this was I had done work for Jordan Marsh, and
some of my work was in fact in the store at that time!

Austin