Subject: [Leica] RH Designs
From: Jeff S <four_season_photo@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 10:23:20 -0800 (PST)

I have RH's Analy(s)er Pro and agree with Mark's
observations. In addition, I meter mid-tones as well;
very handy if you're trying to separate two similar
tones. With a bit more effort, I can also use it for
split-grade exposure calculation. I can and do
experiment with a number of contrast grades without
ever exposing a single piece of paper! As far as I'm
concerned, owning this meter is like getting a
lifetime 30-50% discount on paper and chemistry.

It may be a peculiarly British thing, but the
Analy(s)er's safelight and enlarger outlets are not
included, so plan on making a trip to the hardware
store to pick up a little 14/3 cable and inline
sockets.

Jeff

[snip]
> > to get the best out of the meter, you have to
> calibrate it for each paper
> > that you use. [snip]
> > However, it is worthwhile.  For example, I was
> able to bang out 8 12 x 16
> > prints from different negatives yesterday in just
> over one hour - all
> > without a single test strip, saving both time and
> paper.
[snip]