Subject: RE: [Leica] Comments on a BD Colen statement & PMA
From: Craig Zeni <clzeni@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 14:51:07 -0500

>Not so sure the new Leicavit is 2x the price of Tom A.'s Rapidwinder
>-- the new 'vit
>will sell in some places @ $700 -- what's Tom getting now for his?
>Someone who knows
>told me the new Leica Leicavit may be internally less durable than
>Tom's design
>(because the Solms product's shell is shorter/smaller, they may have
>used a somewhat
>less reliable internal design to fit) BUT in my experience, all of
>these mechanical
>winders are really reliable. The Solms winder is smaller, which many
>like, and the
>open/close latch is a little easier to use than Tom's.

How could it be easier to use?  Tom's trigger slides back and forth
more or less effortlessly.

Leica's charging more because it sez Leica on it, and there are
consumers who will gladly pay the premium to get this.  More power to
them.
Craig Zeni - REPLY TO -->> clzeni at mindspring dot com
http://www.trainweb.org/zeniphotos/zenihome.html
http://www.mindspring.com/~clzeni/index.html

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...