Subject: Re: [Leica] M6/M6TTL power consumption...
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 08:15:24 -0700

Open up the battery compartment and remove the battery. If you look
closely you will see two small contacts under the large main contact.
Push these down with the tip of a pencil and, to make sure they cause
you no trouble in the future, cover them with a small piece of black
tape.

If your camera still drains batteries when left on OUT OF THE CASE,
then you need to send it to Leica for a repair. If it drains the
batteries when in a case but not out of it, then something must be
pressing against the shutter release. I always turn it to "OFF" when
bagging my cameras but you can also buy a battery compartment cover
with a built in switch:

http://www.quickreleaseplate.com/

John Collier