Subject: Re: [Leica] dirty French Tripods
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:58:07 -0800

At 10:49 AM +0100 3/11/03, Christer Almqvist wrote:
>>>Jeesh - I thought the LUG was crazy sometimes - there's a guy on the Large
>>>Format list whose calling for a boycott of Gitzo tripods because they are
>>>made by the "backstabbing Frogs" !
>>>
>>>:-)
>>>
>>>tim
>>
>>Since he's got it mostly wrong, I guess we're safe. Manfrotto now
>>controls Gitzo, even if some anti-war-against-Iraq French are still
>>involved in the production..
>>
>>On the other hand, during the _long_ period while the French were
>>in control of Gitzo, they produced the preferred tripods of many
>>photographers, myself included. At present I have 9 of their
>>products (legs) in house. I will sell some of them. Requests will
>>be entertained.
>>

>Henning,
>
>Are the ones you are selling the ones produced while the company was
>under French control?
>Do the other ones fetch a Berlusconi premium on the LFL?
>
>Yours, as ever,
>Chris

Yes, they are definitely the older ones. Most were acquired in the
80's; a couple in the 70's. I haven't decided yet which ones are to
go, but I have decided I have way too many.

As in any other addiction, the first step is realizing you have a problem. :-)

I'm not sure what the 'Berlusconi premium' is... Is he in charge of Manfrotto?

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com