Subject: [Leica] focusing question deux
From: "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 13:06:37 -0600

Here's what comes of carrying my camera around playing with it....

Why, when my lens cap is on my lens can I still see a double image? Where is
it coming from and why does focusing the lens (even tho it's capped) allow
me to focus? I'm sure this is some wonder of rangefinders that I'm not
familiar with but it seems to me that the capped lens ought to be preventing
the double image.

I guess I've always thought that the 'main' (read: non-moving) image in the
viewfinder was from the viewfinder and the second 'ghosted' image was coming
from the lens. This is clearly not the case.

What's up?

Lea Murphy
Whiny Dog Press www.whinydogpress.com
New images www.whinydogpress.com/new.html