Subject: RE: [Leica] Autofocus Leica R
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:49:35 -0800

On 3/12/03 Patrick Jelliffe  wrote:

>Art is SUBJECTIVE, Adam, and attempts to create
>absolutes to judge the artist, his/her creative
>process, or the finished work will fail.
>
>Patrick

Well DUH. But what does your response mean? How does the work of someone who
cannot perceive the result, could NEVER perceive the result, cannot get
criticism, improve? Where is the self-expression in this process? I don't think
there IS any. It's performance art because the act is the art and not the result
produced.

I'm just terminally politically-incorrect in this area with absolutely NO
apologies. Otherwise there is no meaning and we might as well just hang cameras
on birds and cows and let them take photographs randomly and give each image
equal value to anything posted here.

It IS subjective right?

Adam

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] Autofocus Leica R)