Subject: RE: [Leica] Heiland Support
From: "Gerry Walden" <gwpics@ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 08:26:22 -0000

>One will come up if you are patient: people are leaving the darkroom in
>droves --- but they will be sorry (I hope :-) )
>Alastair

- --

The most liberating thing that has EVER happened to my photography is
leaving the darkroom! Just at the moment I am in the middle of printing my
entry (4 prints) for the Royal Photographic Society International Open
competition/exhibition from my Kodachrome slides. I have had work exhibited
in this before, and it is a great honour to be accepted as one of the 150
finalists out of an entry of well over 1000. I was simply unable to do this
in the darkroom, and to control every stage of what I was doing. I have had
a one-man exhibition of my colour work and have repeatedly sold work for
very good prices, all thanks to the computer and printer. I, for one, am
certainly not sorry.

Gerry

Gerry Walden LRPS
www.gwpics.com