Subject: [Leica] Deep Philosophical Harangue (DPH)
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 07:36:33 -0800 (PST)

leica-user@ispwest.com wrote:
> I guess I am looking for  an
> elixir...maybe..Deep...Philosophic...Harangue (DPH) on a topic
> that might change the way people live, think, eat, listen to
> the news, discuss politics, treat or fellowman, care for our
> environment........support and not support a country racing to
> war..i don't know...I guess I am also asking myself why am I a
> photographer?
>
> I am genuinely and passionately wondering why we the people
> with such skill and (expensive equipment) why do we do the
> thing we do...

Ruddy, I'm a photographer because the first thing I think of when I wake in the morning is making photographs, then I think of the stuff I gotta get out of the way first (i.e., eat, shower, feed dog, go to work) before I can make photographs.

[DPH]  We don't appreciate the things we don't understand ... and photographs can help us understand each other or in my case help us understand our enviornment. [/DPH]

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com