Subject: RE: [Leica] Which Leica ?, M5, M6TTL, or M7
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 20:03:04 -0500

I believe that what E. Leitz was unhappy with was not the M5, which was,
when all is said and done, one of the most advanced, useful, cameras
Leitz ever introduced. What Leitz was unhappy with was the reactionary
Leica buyers who didn't know what to make of the M5. Yes, it's bigger
than the M4 was - but not by very much. The real curse of the M5 was
that it had an internal meter - a very good one as a matter of fact -
and the all mechanical Leica aficionados just weren't ready for the
built-in meter at that point, nor were they ready for a "bigger" camera.

Just MHO. ;-)
B. D.