Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - NiMH batteries
From: Dante Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 07:46:51 -0500

2100 maH is the total power of the battery (current x time), so it has
about 30% more total power.

The voltage of a battery is a function of its chemistry.

NiCad is 1.2V
NiMH is 1.2V
Alkaline is 1.5V
Silver is 1.55V
Lithium is 3V

That is why any battery of one of these types is the voltage listed
above, or some whole-number multiple (cells put in series to increase
voltage).