Subject: Re: [Leica] New London photos
From: nhcharch@netscape.net (Noel Charchuk)
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:55:39 -0500

Nathan one of the reasons your thumbnails may be slow in loading is due to their file size, I sampled a few of them, and see they run about 10KB for the B&W and 16KB for color. That means the browser has to download almost 800 kb. On dial up that would mean about 15 seconds, if Photo.net wasn't running slow, as you mentioned.
I would suggest either optimizing file size on the thumbnails, or cropping them to show a key feature, or reducing their physical size to help speed loading.
I have noticed your photographs have really gotten much better in the past few years, keep up the good work.

Noel
Calgary