Subject: Re: [Leica] glitch in 35 f1.4?
From: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 10:28:24 -0800

John

Right, move it back and forth by working the focusing mechanism
throughout the "stick/hitch" area.  This ensures that the chips will fall
in the focus helix which will be cleaned when you send it to a repair
technician.

Technicians just love working on cameras that have been "home
repaired" and given up on.  They can justifiably charge more.

I know some who will just return the camera in the same bits and
pieces in which it came, with a polite refusal to do any work on it.

Jerry