Subject: Re: [Leica] Major solar storms
From: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:41:46 -0800

Martin

OK Thanks.  I did get that one.  I had been expecting a
"cartoon" type animation which would show just how
dynamic the aurora is.

I have seen them from Northern Canada, Ireland, Denmark
and New York. The swiftly moving colors are astounding.
The only thing that seems to be missing while seeing the
real thing is sound effects or music!

I have never seen a photograph that approaches the impact
of the real thing.

Jerry