Subject: RE: [Leica] was Leica DSLR, now L or R glass?
From: "Red Dawn" <reddawn@singnet.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 22:44:07 +0800

Hi

Thanks for all the replies.

I'm specifically thinking of getting a 28mm Elmarit R and maybe the 80mm
f1.4 or a 90mm f2 ASPH (I heard this has the same formula as the M
version? If so then it should be excellent....)

Anyone has any experience with the 28mm Elmarit R and how it compares to
its Japanese counterparts?

My only peeve with wide angle lenses on the Leica M is that I can focus
them no closer than 0.7m, which kind of defeats the purpose of shooting
wide and fast - focusing closer than 0.7m with a 21mm can really produce
some dramatic photos of pple!

But alas it's a shame that the Summicron M 28 is not available for the R
series...... with f2 and close focusing capability for crowded
situations it should be a killer lens!

Boon Hwee