Subject: RE: [Leica] NOW SCOTCH! ;-) NOW XTOL! :-)
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 16:22:16 -0500

Jerry - I'm not Ted, but the answer is "Yes." But most folks on this
list for some bizarre reason seem to think that everyone uses - perhaps
even must use - all features of such a camera. Lot's of folks use their
"auto exposure" EOS1whatevers and Nikon F5s etc. on either AE - just
like an M7, or shutter preferred, or even on manual exposure. I know
that that's how I use my F100s most of the time, and I know that's how
my son uses his F5. Further, many people either use manual focus, or use
auto, but 'touch up' the focus manually.

The auto-everything cameras are just tools - with a wide array of
features that sometimes are useful, and sometimes are not. I know that
when I'm doing flash work I sure wish my M6 had the
matrix-programmed-auto features of my F100...;-)

B. D.