Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Arnold Newman
From: Slobodan Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 07:08:35 -0800

I had a chance to listen to a presentation by Arnold Newman some time
back. He did talk about his equipment. While he used the 4x5
predominantly, he did use a 'blad sparingly, and eventually a Nikon. A
shame too, as he could of easily used a leica. The dramatic dip in
quality between his 4x5 and the 35mm work was/is painfully obvious.
UCLA gave a series of lectures in the late 70's, of which he was own of
the speakers, along with Hass (Leica), Duane Michaels (Nikkormat-then), etc.
Slobodan Dimitrov