Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 12 dlridings (first test with D100)
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 12:39:34 +0100

>And the reason you didn't shoot it with an M? Your spending money on
>Nikons instead of a 135 apo and a 90 apo asph and you have the nerve to
>tell US about it?

Actually, I DID shoot one with an M and a 90 three years ago. I'll have to
admit, I am just not good at centering up the frame to focus and then flip
back to a decent composition ... remembering that these girls are really
hustling along across the ice.

Ended up with some good pictures of the awards ceremony though as they
stood (still) on their pedastals :)

I'm absolutely certain that Leica has one in the pipeline, real soon now,
I'm sure of it. I just thought I'd trim in my workflow with this one and
then when the real thing comes out, I'll be fit for fight! Now you knew
that didn't you :)

And besides, it was a little silly using that Nikon glass I have lying
around just for loupes to inspect my negatives (the 50mm 1.8 is great for
that, and much cheaper than the top of the line loupes).

>And calling it a Leica this is a joke?

I was kinda hoping Alastair would swallow it :)

Take care!

Daniel
Let's see, 100USD for a CD of the whole competition (made on the spot with
the laptop on the side) times X number of CD:s. Yeah, it'll be paid for and
I'll be able to afford the Leica to boot when it comes out. Kewl