Subject: Re: [Leica] extremely limited use of leica M cameras by iraqi state media
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 20:03:04 -0600

on 3/26/03 7:28 PM, Austin Franklin at darkroom@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> The Canon 1D is not full frame, it's barely larger than half frame.  The 1Ds
> is Canon's first full frame digital camera.

Austin my man,

The 1D is a 1.3 which is not "Barely Half Frame". Half Frame would be a 2x
multiplier. So you could say a 1.9 is barely a half frame. The 1.6 is even
better than a half frame, you could almost say it's a thirtyone fiftieths
frame, well not quite. The 1.3 is like a three quarters frame !!!! w00t !!!!

And if I'm wrong, you can't say I didn't try to be right ;)

- --
John Straus
Chicago, IL
http://SlideOne.com