Subject: Re: [Leica] Performance of 180/2.8 Tele-Elmarit-V
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 23:14:15 -0800

>Hello,
>
>   I am planning to get this lens out and try it on my SL.  Do I need any
>other adapter other than 14127 or 14167 to use it on the SL?  Also, if
>there is anyone that has tried this lens, I would appreciate his/her
>experience.
>
>Best Regards,
>David Lee

I hate to say this, since lenses are made to make images on film, but
if you have or are getting a 180/2.8 Visoflex lens, especially one in
good condition, sell it or keep it until the market is high and use
the money to get a 180/2.8 Apo. The Visoflex lens is very rare and
extremely collectible. While good, it is nowhere near as good as a
current 180, and it weighs a lot more.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design