Subject: Re: [Leica] Shellac
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 20:39:55 -0800

Martin,

if the purpose of the shellac is to bond the leather to the body, may I
suggest a different product?

I make extensive use of a foam and fabric adhesive; essentially a rubber
cement product.
This industrial strength  product is a very tenacious bonding agent that is
used in the automotive industry. It comes in some varieties to suit
different purposes (high heat environments etc.).
Applying it is very straight forward. In the case of a camera, it would be
applied to the leather only and, once tacky, the leather applied to the
camera.

One company that makes this product is

Quality Fabrics, Inc
Bakersfield, CA
(805) 324-4739

It is available in commercial fabric shops.
Other companies such as 3M manufacture similar cements.

Joe

From: "Martin Howard" <mvhoward@mac.com>