Subject: Re: [Leica] Removing shutter speed dial on R camera
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 22:04:10 -0800

on 3/28/03 8:28 PM, Jeff S at four_season_photo@yahoo.com wrote:

> With some SLRs, the shutter speed dial is attached to
> the top cover--from below. I suspect that's the case
> with most of these Leica Rs. If so, just remove the
> top cover and the shutter speed dial will come away
> with it.
>
> Jeff S

Yes but re-installing the top cover is a bit challenging - especially the
stuff that goes "sproing" during the disassembly process.  There's a reason
Sherry has chosen not to service R bodies.  If I recall correctly, it was my
R4s that convinced one repair tech to retire.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Removing shutter speed dial on R camera)