Subject: [Leica] Re: r8 battery compartment won't open
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:10:02 -0500

>After 20+ years with Contax I have moved to Leica.  I just bought a
Leicaflex SL and a demo R8 (high serial number, made >in Germany, so far so
good).  While I wait for the SL to arrive, I have been fooling around with
the R8.

>Little did I imagine that after making the system switch I would have to
>throw myself at the mercy of the Leica users group.   I cannot remove the
>battery cover on the R8.  I can move the cover lock lever, however the
battery cover remains in place, and I can't budge >it.  Which way is the
cover supposed to move?  My money says there is a second undocumented
unlocking mechanism that must >be engaged.  Or do I need the Leica password?

Gary, what the hell are you doing taking the battery cover off????? You'll
devalue the camera. Just put it on the shelf and keep it free of dust.

Weirdo must be trying to take photos with it or something.

Kc