Subject: Re: [Leica] Totally off topic.... Polaroid scanner
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 13:13:27 -0500

At 09:34 AM 4/1/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>On 4/1/03 Tina Manley  wrote:
>
>I use the software stand-alone. My experience has been that it remembers only
>the film type but not the scanning modes between the times I insert different
>negative strips.

Maybe that's the difference.  I mount everything in slide mounts
(negatives, too) and scan with the SF-200 batch scanner.  If my slides are
very similar in exposure, etc., I'll set it up to scan 40 at a time while
I'm working on something else.  If the slides vary, I scan each one
individually, but it still remembers all of the settings between scans.

>I think you have the adaptor that lets you scan a whole roll of film at a
>single
>shot. What is is your experience with that? It would seem to easy my workflow.

It's great.  I use it to make very quick, low resolutions scans for editing
or contact sheets.  It doesn't take but a few minutes to scan the whole
roll.  For precise, high resolution scans, I prefer working with the SF-200.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

photos available from: