Subject: Re: [Leica] fired for photoshopping
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 19:03:57 -0800

On 4/2/03 Martin Howard  wrote:

>Is it better to pretend that the "camera doesn't lie" and thus pass off
>many little lies as par for the course because people don't stop to
>think critically -- risking that big ones will slip through unnoticed;
>or is it better to expose all the lies, and the way in which the camera
>does lie, but require people to exert the extra effort?

Once we start lying it doesn't stop. Once the decision is made to say or show
something we KNOW isn't true but will present as representative of the truth
then its a lie.

But I'm not a journalist or an editor. If it's not news photography then the
rules are different.

Of course this is in an ideal world - not the real one. Truth seldom sells
newspapers. :(

Adam Bridge