Subject: RE: [Leica] fired for photoshopping
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 10:08:54 -0500

Right. As long as we conveniently forget that one of W. Eugene Smith's
most iconic images, the heroic portrait of Albert Schweitzer, was
composed in the darkroom by sandwiching two negatives.

The point is not that film is trustworthy and digital isn't - it's that
some photographers are trustworthy and some aren't.

In Smith's defense I would note that the standards of photojournalism
have gotten much tougher/better since the days of the Schweitzer photo.