Subject: Re: [Leica] telyt question
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 19:22:12 -0500

do you have the 560 6.8 trombone?  mine is rather rough focusing,
particularly in comparison with the 400.  it seems fine until you
actually hold the palm rest and the lens bears its weight on the
track.  i got it off ebay, seemingly new in the box, maybe 20-30
years old.  the 560 seems far more front-weighted than the 400, but i
think it should still be "leica smooth."  i sent it off to
leica northvale, we'll see what they say.

- -rei

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 08:40:52AM -0800, Henning Wulff wrote:
> At 10:35 AM +0200 4/3/03, animal wrote:
> >Hi,recently i noticed some dust on the rear of the lens of  a 560 telyt and
> >tried to take the lens apart in order to clean it.
> >This is very easy the front has a long thread and you just screw it out of
> >the lens tube.
> >However between the lens assembly and the rest of the body there is a flat
> >about 8 mm wide ring .
> >I found that out when i first forgot it on reassembly.
> >Whats the purpose of this ring?
> >Since it does restrict the range of motion of the lens towards the film
> >does
> >it not affect focussing at infinity?
> >And what would happen if i just leave it away?
> >Thanks
> >simon

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com