Subject: Re: [Leica] Prion Diseases pose no threats to Leicas!
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 22:28:25 -0800

At 1:01 PM -0800 4/3/03, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>Edward Caliguri wrote:
>>
>>  Yes - it's an urban legend.
>>  I hope this brain consumption thing is done with. Yes - some cultures did
>>  consume ancestral brain remains. That's how Jacob-Kreutzfeld disease, the
>>  human form of "Scrapie" or "Mad Cow" disease was first discovered. I'd even
>>  stay away from Haggis nowadays. Years ago I had it and it's pretty good, but
>>  I would not take a chance now. Prions are very hard to eliminate, even by
>>  cooking. Cameras are immune - so photograph others eating the stuff!!
>>      Ed
>>
>>  > Did you actually *read* the article?  The point of it is that this is
>>  > very likely an urban legend and it goes on to show why one should
>>  > suspect this.
>>  >
>>  > Besides, gorillas are not monkeys.  They are apes.
>>  >
>>  > M.
>>
>You can buy brains at the Safeway. They call them something else.
>And there's rubber bands around them so you don't loose a finger when
>you pick one up.
>Dead brains. Long dead. Synapses no longer firing. Cow no longer
>screaming. Grey matter getting greyer.
>
>For ease of shipping they remove the brain from the cow. Oh! and first
>they kill the cow - its a tricky sequence.
>
>To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
>For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
>When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
>Must give us pause: there's the respect
>That makes calamity of so long life;
>For who would bear the whips and scorns of time...
>
>Mark Rabiner

Down, Mark; down! Easy.... there, there,........

Just take a couple of these and you'll feel better in the morning.

Even a 1:100 that Rodinal is a bit hard on the stomach.

Now just eat your vegetables.......   :-)

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com