Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: LA Times Photog and image manipulation
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 13:05:01 -0500

I mentioned the Smith photo Sal, not to excuse the LA Times shooter, but
to point out that similar things were done in the darkroom in the
pre-digital age.

I did say that standards have gotten stiffer since Smith's day, and I
believe that is correct. While Smith's editors may not know he
sandwiched those negatives, there were certainly many set-up shots in
Life picture stories in the old days that would never pass the "smell
test" today.

And of course you're right about print journalists being fired for
similar conduct, but, really Sal, "pencil pushers?" ;-)
B. D.