Subject: [Leica] SAFE -Way?
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 13:39:33 -0500

I'll Drink to that!
One lab we work with (Mass. Gen. Hosp.) runs the Human Brain Bank there -
Most frozen at -80 Centigrade, some YEARS in formaline. They claim that the
ones in formaline (and there some DID/DO have J-K disease) even for years
can still contain viable prions. They are like viruses, only tougher. They
can only slice those suckers under what they call P5 conditions; you suit
up, get into a special room, everything bleached after yada, yada, yada, ---
Maybe just because I've seen 'em prep to do it (then just got the heck outta
there!) I'm more paranoid ---
    Roasted chestnuts -- yhea --- pop those out -- they look enough like the
real mouse sized deal!! Think of that next time "jack frost is nippin' at
your nose" around the holidays!!
    Ed