Subject: RE: [Leica] telyt question
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 13:36:03 -0600

I understand the physics of the lens etc.  I was just commenting that I
wish it had better balance.  Leica could have provided a second tripod
mounting point forward of the shoulder stock mount for this but chose not
to for whatever reason.  I have used the shoulder stock for 90% of my
shots, but now as I get older that is becoming more of a challenge, so a
properly balanced tripod point would solve all of my and others problems.
It's either that or I'll have to win the lotto or find a long lost rich
uncle or aunt to provide funds for the new modular Telyt lenses.

gene

                      "Frank Filippone"
                      <red735i@earthlink.net>             To:       <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  RE: [Leica] telyt question
                      -alto.ca.us

                      04/04/2003 11:53 AM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

the 560 and 400 Telyts are 2 element designs.  In basic words, the 2
elements are glued into the front of the lens tube.  That is why the lens
is
front heavy. All the glass is up front.   If you needed to balance the lens
on the mechanical center of the lens, you would need to hang more weight to
the camera end.  This would make the lens heavier as well as better
balanced.

If you need the lens to be better balanced, try putting a bean bag full of
lead shot on top of your camera, or hanging from the tripod screw.  That
would balance your camera better...... and on a tripod, give a bit better
stability as well.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net