Subject: [Leica] Developers for Scanning Negs......was Rodinal and spots (was: xtol replacement)
From: "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 20:02:57 -0500

I have a slightly different take on the developer discussion.  I abandoned
the wet darkroom about four years ago in favor of not digital, but scanning
film.  I have been using mostly XP2 Super, and having this C-41 work done at
a local Wolf Camera.  But there are situations where I miss the old
emulsions of an HP5+ or HP4+ or even Ilford Pan.   Even in my former silver
based film days I was never too keen on having chemicals in the house.  I
simply don't have a convenient place handle film in the dark and store and
handle the stuff---and I also have several pets whom I don't wish to expose
to all of this.

I am looking for some direction from you guys on b&w chemistry to pursue
that will provide good results with the above mentioned films, especially
with regard to scanning negs, as well as minimizing health risks to my four
legged friends.  If I am just being silly here let me know, otherwise any
cogent suggestions on this will be most welcome.

Gary

Replies: Reply from "Christopher Williams" <leicachris@worldnet.att.net> (Re: [Leica] Developers for Scanning Negs......was Rodinal and spots (was: xtol replacement))