Subject: Re: [Leica] Alternate to current 35mm ASPH?
From: Dante Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 20:23:49 -0500

There is no alternative to the ASPH.

The pre-aspherical Summicron is nice, but it is not a world-beater.

If you are going to put up with all the quirks of M cameras, you might
as well use the top glass.

A 35/1.4 ASPH is almost exactly the same size as a 50mm, and images are
much more crisp with it at f/2 than the 35 Summicron pre-aspherical is
at f/2.

Dante