Subject: Re: [Leica] hand held focal length=shutter speed rule
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 13:06:05 -0700

Ted Grant wrote:

> And I wasn't assigned to come back without pictures and a lame excuse
> of....
> "the focal length rule said I couldn't do that hand held so I didn't
> take
> any pictures!"  Let me assure you, if I'd used that sick ass excuse I'd
> still be buried in centre feild of the Munich Stadium!

If I didn't know Ted personally, I think I'd have visions of a grizzled
cowboy from Texas speaking in a slow drawl, with a Stetson, ostrich
boots, and faded bootcut Levi's, who handholds 6x9cm rangefinders with
600mm lenses at 1/8s in a Force 5 twister as par for the course, eating
Summilux ASPHs for breakfast, washing them down with bourbon, and
picking pieces of helicoil from his teeth with a 15" buck knife.

I just can't fit the sushi into that image ;)

M.