Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 14: More walkabout in Zurich
From: "Nathan Wajsman (private)" <nathanw@bluewin.ch>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 22:44:40 +0200

This week's offerings have little in common except that they were shot
on the same roll of film while walking around the city, enjoying the
nice weather we have been having. First, a heavily cropped detail of a
parked Harley with a self-portrait in there:

http://www.wajsman.com/2003_14.jpg

Then some street musicians on Zurich's answer to 5th Ave.,
Bahnhofstrasse. They claim to be from St. Petersburg, as do many such
people these days. A few years ago a symphony orchestra from Russia was
touring the UK; the attendance at the concerts was low, and the promoter
  did not have money to fly them back to Russia. So they resorted to
playing on the streets of London to earn their airfare until someone
took pity and paid for it. Since that well-publicized story, a lot of
street musicians who have never set foot in Russia claim to be from
there. Whether this applies to this quartet, I don't know:

http://www.wajsman.com/2003_14alt1.jpg

Finally, a scene from the lakefront. A pair of musicians, not claiming
to be Russian, take a break:

http://www.wajsman.com/2003_14alt2.jpg

All three pictures with M6, 50mm Summilux, on Fuji Acros.

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.wajsman.com/indexpaw2003.htm
and comments/critique are always welcome and appreciated.

Nathan
- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland